Friday, September 4, 2009

Idle Month - But the wheel keeps on spinning


Welcome to my blog!

Throughout the next year and a half, I will try to document my stay in Oldenburg, Germany.

The D-date is set for september 25th, when I will depart my beloved hometown for some exciting and yet unknown place. For the span of my stay, I will reside in the student dorm with a colleague of mine.

The PPRE, postgraduate program in renewable energy, qualifies as a master of applied science and thus includes a thesis component which comes into play during the last workterm. The PPRE debutes with an academic term and is followed by a workterm starting in January. Thereafter begins another academic term in February all the way to august. Finally, a topic of research will be selected and subsequent work will contribute to the thesis paper due at the end of January 2011. My return to Canada will then ensue, bearing newly acquired knowledge!

For those who could care less for renewable energy ventures, I will try to sparse the academic stuff with some cultural mathers, i.e. bavarian brews, historical sites and so on.

Finally, I will be expecting some visitors throughout my bavarian immersion, and so, I will also post the adventures pertaining to these encounters.

For my francophone friends, periodical updates will be redacted en francais. Pour partager les événements de ma vie et Da Leben in Bundesrepublik Deutchland!

Until then, à la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment